- Totally. Although I use my expertise in singing to help you use you voice in a healthy way, this workshop is not about singing in the classical sense. It is more about switching off the judgemental mind and making sounds that help you express, detox and relax. You might be totally out of tune but any sound that makes you feel good is welcome in the workshop.
I'm an experienced singer. Will I get anything out of this ?
- Yes. You will learn to nurture your creativity and explore your unique expressions. You will forget about perfection for a while and learn to use your voice to connect with others in a playful way.
My financial situation is not great at the moment. Can I get a discount ?
- Yes. There is a discounted fee of 12 pounds. This is the minimum I can offer at the moment to keep the workshops sustainable in London. It's a better investment than a couple of pints ! You will feel relaxed and have fun without the toxic side effects. However If you can't live without your pint we can visit the cosy Pembury Tavern downstairs after the session. :)
I missed some of the sessions in the cycle, can I still join ?
- Yes, even though the sessions work together in developing your voice from all perspectives, each session can be experienced by itself as separate module.
Are you sure ? I really can't sing. My music teacher/father/sister/partner told me that I have a bad voice.
- Unfortunately a lot of people internalize negative comments about their voice in their formative years. Singing requires practice, you are using your body to make music so this requires some vocal muscle training. You can't expect to run a marathon and be great at it on your first attempt ! It can be traumatic to hear that you can't sing well from other people, it only means that somebody heard your untrained voice and made a judgemental and insensitive remark. The good news is that you can step out of this conditioning and Voice DNA offers you a non-judgemental space for you take that step.
This is very exciting ! I really want to explore my voice but I would feel shy in front of people. Do you do private sessions ?
- Yes, please get in touch about my private sessions using the contact form on this website.
Can I pay at the door ?
- Yes you can use the online payment above or pay in person after the session. Online payment is not obligatory but it helps me have an idea about the number of people attending and be better prepared :)
This all sounds fun but will I actually find my voice in one session ?
- Your voice is already there, you don't need to find it ! It is more a matter of freeing your voice, which is an exciting journey by itself. Attending the sessions regularly will help you go on this journey and make you more confident in using your unique voice. But the sessions are designed to work on their own too. In one session you will set sail on this journey and take a step towards experiencing your free expression.